The Schenectady Photographic Society meets in the fellowship hall of The First United Methodist Church at 603 State St. in Schenectady, NY. Society meetings are open to the public and begin promptly at 7:30 pm. Parking and entrance are at the rear of the building off Chapel St., a short one-way street off Nott Terrace. Park in the lot about halfway down the hill on the left. Additional parking is available at the top of the hill on the right.
Coming from a distance:
- From points south or west via the NYS Thruway take exit 25 and go west (the only choice) on I-890 to Exit 5, Broadway. Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Broadway. Go to the first traffic light and turn right onto Millard St. Millard becomes Veeder Ave which becomes Nott Terrace. Follow this road past State St., the first major intersection, and take the first left onto Chapel St.
- From points east take I-90 to the NYS Thruway West/North and follow the above directions.
- From points west via I-88 take I-88 to the NYS Thruway East/South and follow the above directions.
- From points north take the Northway (I-87) south to Exit 6, Schenectady. Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Rt. 7 and go west through Schenectady to I-890. Turn right to go west on I-890 and then follow the above directions.
- From Albany and points east take Central Ave. west toward Schenectady. Central Ave. becomes State St. In the middle of the hill going into downtown is an intersection with Nott Terrace. There is a large brick building on the northeast corner, the MVP headquarters. Turn right onto Nott Terrace and then take the first left onto Chapel St.
- From Scotia and points west take Rt 5 east toward Schenectady. Cross over the Western Gateway Bridge and go through downtown Schenectady until you come to an intersection with a small park on the right and the MVP building on the left. Turn left at the intersection onto Nott Terrace and then take the first left onto Chapel St.
Unless otherwise indicated in our posted schedule visitors are cordially invited to attend all meetings.