Article I – Preamble
- The name of the organization shall be The Schenectady Photographic Society.
- The object of the Society shall be to promote interest in the photographic arts and to improve the skill of its members.
- The Society shall be a non-profit organization.
Article II – Membership
- Any person interested in photography may become a member of the Society upon acceptance by the Board of Directors.
- Membership shall continue until the member resigns or is terminated by the Board of Directors.2
Article III – Management
- The management of the Society and its properties shall be vested in a Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors shall consist of the Society officers. two Directors-at-Large. and the Group Chairmen. The officers of the Society shall be a)President, b)Vice-President, c) Recording Secretary, d)Corresponding Secretary, e) Treasurer, f) Newsletter editor, g) Webmaster and h)Annual Report Editor 1, 2
- The Directors shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall take office immediately on election.
- In the event of a vacancy among the Directors, the Board may fill such a vacancy at its discretion.
- Any Director of the Society may only be removed from office at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society called for that purpose.
- Meetings of the Board of Directors will normally be held each month at a time and place designated by the President. Meetings may also be called at the request of a majority of the directors.
- A quorum for the transaction of Society business shall be: five Directors at Board meetings.
Article IV – Meetings
- Regular meetings of each Special Interest Group shall normally be held once every month from October to May, inclusive.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held at the end of the regular season no later than June 30. At least two weeks written notice of the time, place, and agenda of this meeting shall be sent to all members.2
- Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society may be called at any time by the President or by any ten members or the Society. At least two weeks written notice of the time. place. and purpose of this meeting shall be sent to all members.
- A quorum for any General Meeting shall be 1/3 of the total membership, and all business shall be implemented by a 2/3 majority of the members present at the meeting.
Article V – Finance
- The annual subscription, time of payment and method of collection shall be specified in the By-Laws.
- The Treasurer’s accounts shall be audited annually and a report presented to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
- Auditors shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board. The auditors may not be members of the Board.
- The Society fiscal year shall start on July 1 and end on June 30 of the following year.2
Article VI – Amendments
- Amendments to this Constitution can be made at any General Meeting provided that the text of the proposed amendment has been included in the notice of the meeting.
Article VII – Enactment
- The former Constitution adopted May 20, 1953 is hereby superseded and amended to read as herein stated.
- All activities of the Society and acts of its Officers shall be governed by this Constitution and By-Laws from the time of its adoption
Adopted this 24th day of May, 1961